Sunday, May 20, 2012

The rains have started--bringing relief and grief. I've been having to water all the crops daily since I arrived in March. Couldn't wait for the rains to get here and now they are (here). No more hours spent watering. Tragedy struck as well. Finally got the PVC arch frame greenhouse up and ready for business and it collapses with our second storm. Woke up to find twisted, mangled PVC poles on the ground and the plastic roof pulled down. Somewhere the water got trapped and brought it all down. Looked like a twister disaster scene on CNN. So back to the drawing board again. This time no more PVC, no more plastic. Sturdy eucalyptus posts and fiberglass panels, the old fashioned way. 

Almost daily the electricity goes out--for a few minutes up to a few hours. When it goes out at night it means I can't sleep--no fan. And I cannot be indoors here without a fan. I spend almost all of all my days outside. Now that the days are cooler with the clouds and rain I can be inside, as long as I have a fan blowing in my face. You should see me trying to cut out baskets, baby Moses, reeds in front of a fan. I have to hold onto everything in order for all of it to not blow away For me it's not easy coming up with ideas on how to teach preschoolers. Never thought I would be teaching kids this young. Not sure I am teaching them, I'm learning that at this point you just have to entertain them to keep their attention.

God is great--He is letting me do just what I asked before I came here. I wanted to work with the kids here at CICRIN, as well as with those in the community. I am now doing both. I am going to the elementary school right here at CICRIN twice a week to teach Christian Education/Bible Lessons with kids grades Pre-K thru 6. It's amazing how the lessons I'm teaching the kids seem to really be ministering to me in what I'm dealing with in my interactions with some of the kid(s). I know some of you know who that means.
I have also started working with the older boys at CICRIN in spiritual development. The kids have declared me their own youth pastor. We had a great first meeting. We talked about what makes a man a man, since many think that they're already one. I told them that ALL topics will be open for discussion in our meetings. It should be interesting. Please keep me and the kids in your prayers.

FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE, BUT THE GREATEST OF THESE IS LOVE. I think I need these tattooed inside my eyelids, but I would add PATIENCE as a close fourth. If you don't have the first three, you can't have the fourth. You have to have patience to wait for what you believe in to take its course. Hope and patience mean almost the same thing. And you can't have patience for someone you don't love, unless your being paid to do so.

Well, I'm real excited to becoming home for a visit this week. I arrive on Wednesday. I know I want to live here but I really need this break. Cool nights, American food, Mexican food, every kind of food there is. I will probably regain all the weight I've lost here.

2 comments:

  1. I would not be able to handle the heat, either! We start using the air conditioner in April! Hope to see you next week, come by Kid's Church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle I miss you and so I decided to read your old posts. We prayed for you and the kids last night at out family bible study here at grandma's. We had an increase in people who attended, if you are able pray for our study here. We had it in the patio because of the heat here. I doubt it is not close to the kind of heat you are experiencing there, always. I love you and am so blessed by the work you are doing for the Lord. It inspires me to continue to do for Him whatever he asks of me and not be afraid. I know He will help me. God bless Uncle. We will continue to lift you and the children and the ministry up.<3

    ReplyDelete